Sunday 21 August 2011

Pass It On

This week, I am making preparations to send my first ever touring bike to my little sister. I'm cleaning it off, taking off the old stickers, and making sure everything is in perfect working condition.

When I started my job at Adventure Cycling more than three years ago, I wanted a bike for touring, commuting, mountain biking, and cyclocross racing. I found all that in my 48 inch Surly Cross Check. My bike took me over 10,000 foot passes in Peru, through the Missoula Cyclocross series (last place every time, baby!), and to work and back all year long (with the help of some gnarly studded snow tires come winter). It really was the bike that could do it all!

But, as I began to learn more about cycling, I began to understand more about what I liked and wanted. I now have a designated racing bike that is lighter, and was gifted a touring bike with a triple crankset in the back that allows me to climb more easily. It's time for my Surly to venture onward, to the streets of Philadelphia, where it will deliver my sister to work each day and maybe start going on some East Coast tours as well. I'm even including a brand new Brooks saddle for her to break in. There's really nothing better than giving someone you love a bike that you love.

Photos by Josh Tack

--

SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!)

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2011/08/pass-it-on.html

cycling training

No comments:

Post a Comment