Tuesday 27 September 2011

Skirting the Issue

Lately I feel like I've been getting a lot of questions about my love of riding skirts. Such as:
"How do you ride your bike in a skirt?" (Easily.)
"Is it comfortable?" (Very.)
"Aren't you worried about people seeing up your skirt while you're riding? Aren't skirts just for dress up, anyway?" (Not worried. Not just for dress up.)

I like to wear dresses and skirts on my bike a lot, and I think it's really comfortable and fun. As long as the skirt is past my knees I generally don't have to worry about it riding up, and unlike slacks, I don't have to worry about chain grease. Shorter skirts sometimes require shorts underneath--for the modesty factor!--and I'll occasionally tie longer skirts up around my knees to keep them from getting caught in my chain. As a full-time bike commuter who also loves to dress up I love integrating fancy clothes into my cycling routine.

I also really like to wear skirts on tours, especially in countries where people aren't particularly used to seeing a spandex-clad cyclist running around their city streets. In these cases, I have a few simple skirts I simply pull over my cycling shorts (Cycle Skirt is my very favorite! so easy! so comfy!) and I feel like I blend...as much as a sweaty girl pulling a trailer can blend.

photo 1 by Josh Tack. Photo 2 by Tom Robertson.

--

SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!)

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2011/09/skirting-issue.html

rapha cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment