Friday 5 August 2011

Cotswolds Line by Train and Bike

I often cycle past the Cotswolds line during training rides. Because I cycle past the railway so frequently, I had a desire to go on a train and see the countryside from the perspective of the railway rather than bike. It’ surprising how little I recognised on the train ride. It’s a very different view than from the bike. I also decided to take my bike on the train. I looked closely at the cycle policy of Great Western Railway. They say you can take bikes on trains, but on busy routes and busy times, they cannot guarantee it. They offer a service for reserving a free slot for your cycle. I bought my ticket late at night so didn’t have chance to book in advance. I thought I would chance my arm and hope I didn’t get refused entry. If I did, I guess I wouldn’t be able to get on train and that would be the end of that. Kingham, Cotswolds – generally, you get a better view from bike As it happened there was a slot for quite a few bikes and the staff were helpful in sending me right to end of the platform to get [...]

Source: http://cyclinginfo.co.uk/blog/cycling/cotswolds-line-by-train-and-bike/

cycling equipment rapha cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment