Saturday 10 September 2011

Armed and Dangerous: Ride in style with arm warmers

Sometimes it's challenging to mix bike touring and fashion. A certain friend is fond of reminding me that I'm dressing for a bike ride, not for the prom, when I complain about my limited outfit options. Solar orange is certainly safe, but it doesn't exactly match my skin tone. And of course these shorts make my butt look big! They have a huge pad in them!

One of the ways I like to have fun with clothes while I'm riding is with arm warmers. Because they come in varying weights, I can ride with them year 'round. In the summer I ride with a lightweight style like the one on Rachel (pictured at right). I love the fantastic patterns and thumb-holes from Wildskins, and the fabric keeps me nice and cool during hot days. As it turns to fall, I use a bit toastier of an arm warmer from Sugoi (on Jenn "Queen of the Mountains" Milyko, pictured at left). Their warmer is a little fuzzy on the inside, and keeps me snug on cooler days. Come winter, I wear a thick Canari warmer made with their Tundra fabric under another long sleeve shirt under my coat.

But winter riding is perhaps a subject best left for a (much!) later post.

Photo by Josh Tack


--

SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!)


Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2011/08/armed-and-dangerous.html

cycling accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment