Saturday 10 September 2011

British Time Trial Championships 2011

  Sun 3rd September was the British time trial championships. It was won by Alex Dowsett Team Sky in 58.26(30mph) I finished 10th in 1.04.4? (27.2mph) – 6 minutes behind. The women’s race was won by� Wendy Houvenaghel (Bike Chain Ricci) 45-38. It was raining quite hard during the masters event. My warm up consisted mainly of sitting in the car hoping the rain would stop. I noticed Team Sky had a nice marquee to warm up on their rollers. A local said the they had been in the village all week testing the course. It was interesting to see they took the event so seriously. After all Team Sky’s Bradley Wiggins and Christopher Froome, are doing remarkably well in a slightly bigger event – the Vuelta Espagne. But, if you’re a professional team then, I guess you have to do everything with a professional attitude. I was pleased for Alex Dowsett to win, just ahead of his team mate Steve Cummings. It will be interesting to see if Alex makes the Great Britain team in the individual time trial.   I was a little dissappointed with my ride. New York was� not the best preparation. I definitely missed not [...]

Source: http://cyclinginfo.co.uk/blog/cycling/british-time-trial-championships-2011/

padded cycling shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment