Sunday 4 September 2011

Love Notes

I can't even tell you how many times I've seen a beauty of a bike, hand built or all vintage, parked near the post office or my grocery store, and I've just had to leave a love note. So there I am, scrounging around in my backpack, looking for a pen and scrap of paper and suspiciously skulking around a bike that isn't even mine. Lately I've taken to carrying some pre-made love notes, just so I can be a little more stealthy in my distribution.

When I'm feeling super-duper fancy, I use handmade Bike Tags by Heroes and Criminals. They're letterpress by hand and are so pretty that you'll have a hard time letting them go...until you see the perfect bike.

Less fancy (and free!) are spoke cards from yourbikeishot.com (where you can download the cards in pdf format). Publications intern extraordinaire Heather told me about them and I like to carry a bunch around and reward particularly cute bicycles. After all, the world would be a far duller place without our brilliant bicycles.

Photos 1 and 3 by Sarah Raz. Photo 2 by Heroes and Criminals.

--

SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!)


Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2011/08/love-notes.html

tour de france live

No comments:

Post a Comment