Wednesday 28 November 2012

Holiday Wish List

When I was a child I made wish lists of all the things I wanted my parents to give me for Christmas and Hannukah. Lucky me, with a Baptist mother and Jewish father, I got to celebrate both holidays. I remember getting my first bike, a purple Huffy, and running outdoors in my pajamas and socks to ride it around the neighborhood. Over the years many items appeared on my list: Barbies, New Kids on the Block albums, a CD player, new bikes (always), and, of course, a pony. And a new puppy. I should stop myself now. You get it though, there were many things I wanted that I felt, as a child, I couldn't live without.

As an adult now, with the holidays and new year approaching, of course there are things that I want, but more importantly I contemplate all the great things I wish for the world. Many of my wishes are about a bicycle-friendly world and some are just about bicycles.  
Adventure Cycling has a wish list too. Except our wishes are more than just wishes. They are goals that, with your support, will be achieved.

We envision a future in which:

  • Everyone is aware of the amazing power of traveling by bicycle.
  • Cyclists are inspired to explore landscapes and cultures for fun, fitness, and self-discovery.
  • Everyone has easy access to a national network of bicycle routes.
  • Barriers to bicycle travel are eliminated.
  • Everyone has the information and tools necessary to travel successfully by bicycle.
  • Bicycle tourism is a thriving part of the economy. 

You can help these wishes become a reality by making a donation to our Holiday Campaign today. This year, our Holiday Trailblazers (donors who have come together to create a match challenge) will match all gifts 1:1. If you give a donation that is at least 25% greater than your annual gift last year, they will match it 2:1!* All gifts must be received by December 31st to qualify for the match, so please donate today.

For more information on how we intend to make this vision a reality, check out our 2012 strategic plan.

Thank you for your support.


*2:1 match amount listed in 2012 Holiday Campaign package. You may also email development@adventurecycling.org or call Alex at (406) 532-2779 or Amanda at (406) 532-2775 to determine your 2:1 match amount. 

Images by Luke McDonnell


--

SUPPORT ADVENTURE CYCLING is written by Amanda Lipsey, development director for Adventure Cycling Association.



Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2012/11/holiday-wish-list.html

assos cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment