Wednesday 2 January 2013

And about that December Letter from the Editor ?

I sincerely apologize for the foolishly stated words in my column from the December/January issue of Adventure Cyclist magazine. These were my own words entirely and do no reflect the views of Adventure Cycling Association.

I did not mean to insinuate that people who work in the financial industry should be considered crooks. In fact, my mother worked in for Merrill Lynch and Legg Mason for about 20 years, and I appreciated all her good work. When I wrote my column, I was thinking of some of the financial sector leaders who testified before Congress and seemed to show little remorse for activities that occurred under their watch -- but that was no excuse for what I wrote. As more than a few readers have pointed out to me since my column appeared, people don't read Adventure Cyclist for social commentary.

It was my intention to put a little perspective on the situation surrounding Lance Armstrong, who, although not in the bike-travel realm, looms over American cycling as surely as the moon orbits the earth -- but in the future, I'll figure out a better way to offer perspective.

Again, my apologies to anyone I may have offended.

--

MICHAEL DEME
Director of Publications
Editor, Adventure Cyclist Magazine
150 E. Pine St. Missoula, Montana 59802
Ph: 406-532-2762 (Direct), 800-755-2453 x 222
www.AdventureCycling.org/Mag 
Adventure Cycling Association
Inspiring and empowering people to travel by bicycle

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2012/12/and-about-that-december-letter-from.html

cycling events

No comments:

Post a Comment