Thursday 11 April 2013

Meet Jameson Henkle of Team Adventure Cycling!

Hello everyone! This is Alison Riley, behind-the-scenes blogger, and Adventure Cycling's Climate Ride California team captain! I'm coming out from hiding today to tell you about Jameson Henkle, who will be riding with me for Team Adventure Cycling in Climate Ride California!


Jameson, tell us a little bit about yourself.

"Hello, my name is Jameson Henkle and I am an adventurous 28-year-old male who loves to ride his bicycle. I also care very much for the environment. I work as a hydrologist helping to ensure that rivers and streams in northern California are healthy aquatic ecosystems."

Why are you passionate about Climate Ride?

"As a scientist, I recognize the problems associated with a warming climate and believe that we need to take steps to reduce our impact to our environment. Raising awareness for such a huge issue such as global warming by riding my bicycle is the perfect way to help get the word out to friends, family, and anyone else who may be interested."  

What made you want to join Adventure Cycling's Climate Ride California team and support the U.S. Bicycle Route System?

"I love to ride my bicycle. I also believe that if proper infrastructure were in place, more people would ride their bikes. I support the USBRS and the work that Adventure Cycling Association does to make bicycle friendly routes in America. Having ridden the TransAmerica Trail this past summer, I can speak first hand to how wonderful Adventure Cycling makes traveling by bike."

Jameson just kicked off his fundraiser to raise $2400 for the U.S. Bicycle Route System. You can support Jameson by making a secure online donation on his Climate Ride page.

Meet our other team members, Caroline, John, and Jason! You can help us reach our team goal of $15,000 by donating to one of their individual pages, or join Adventure Cycling's team and come with us on the ride of a lifetime!

Photo courtesy of Jameson Henkle.

--

SUPPORT ADVENTURE CYCLING is usually written by Amanda Lipsey or Alex Campbell, the development team at Adventure Cycling Association, but was hacked this week by Alison Riley

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2013/04/meet-first-member-of-our-climate-ride.html

womens cycling clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment