Thursday 16 June 2011

Specialized Langster Review

The Specialized Langster Steel The Specialized Langster steel is a classic track bike frame which might appeal to a commuter wanting a classic style track bike.� For a long time, I have toyed with the idea of a single speed for commuting, so was keen to test out different options. I wasn’t bowled over by the look. Of course, the simplicity and clean-cut of a single speed is good, but the silver aluminium frame left me a little underwhelmed. But, that is just my personal preference. Someone else could equally think it looks cool. BTW: Specialized have also done ‘city’ themed bikes (like bright yellow for NY presumably to make it fit in with NY taxi cabs) Ride Quality I did really enjoy riding the bike. I loved the feel and comfort of the steel frame and steel fork, it seemed to absorb a lot of the (innumerable) potholes and rivets in the Oxford roads. It’s a long time since I have ridden a steel frame and it reminded me of why steel is still attractive as a frame material and has advantages over Aluminium. For racing, I’m not really interested in a comfortable ride, but for commuting – when [...]

Source: http://cyclinginfo.co.uk/blog/products/specialized-langster-review/

cycling training plans cycling t shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment