Friday 24 June 2011

Effect of Beetroot Juice on Performance

Recently, I wrote about various scientific studies which suggested beetroot juice had a beneficial impact on cycling performance. Suitably impressed, I decided to hold my very own, not quite as scientific, study. This week, I paid �3.50 for a bottle of organic beetroot juice from Holland & Barrett. I drank the beetroot juice for four days before a 10 mile time trial on Sat, 18th June. The course was the F20/10 in Hertfordshire. I finished in first place with a time of 20.07. This was a new personal best at 10 miles (previous was 20.09 last year on U47). It was also over 1 minute quicker than my previous two 10 mile time trials (I did 21.13 and 21.17 this year) Scientific Conclusions of this Unique Study Beetroot Juice definitely turns your urine pink. Organic Beetroot juice is expensive and doesn’t even taste nice, for want of a better description it tastes like highly concentrated beetroot. What about Performance? A minute quicker than previous 10 mile time trials is encouraging. Unfortunately, the time trials are not comparable. The courses are different. The F20/10 is flat and the turn is really quick. Yesterday, it was a windy evening, but it felt [...]

Source: http://cyclinginfo.co.uk/blog/cycling/effect-of-beetroot-juice-on-performance/

cycling clubs cycling events

No comments:

Post a Comment