Saturday 23 July 2011

A cyclist problem of bike storage.

Article by: Thom Milson
In the last few years, more and more people are starting to realise that we really need to think about changing the ways we get around, so that they are a lot more "green". The electric car seems to be the vehicle really being pushed, but for those of us that know that the majority of electricity is produced from burning fossil fuels, it is a sub-standard idea and the bike still remains best (I don't know if I have to claim the bike is best on a cycling blog, but never mind). If you live inner city like I do, you'll probably know that bikes can get stolen quite regularly. So what are our options, when it comes to the question 'where do we keep our bikes?' Obviously, indoors is the first place I would keep my bike, but I live in a house in which the front door enters straight into the living room and it can very annoying and often messy (during the wetter and muddier months) to store my bike indoors, especially when the three other people I live with, like the place clean and junk free, which for some reason, regardless of my opinions, includes my bike. So I have been pressured into leaving my bike outdoors, which is the last thing I want to do. Not only because of the possibility it could be stolen, but also because it cost me quite a lot of money (for a recent graduate) and I wouldn't like it to seize up due to rust and other conditions caused by the weather.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Cyclingchatcouk/~3/VzbGHf_97r8/

cycling fans pez cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment