Friday 25 November 2011

Garneau Exo-Nerv Helmet, Women's Specific Fit

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I really loved going to Interbike this year. I enjoyed checking out all the new products, and ogling all the shiny new bikes. But really, what I loved most about the 2011 Interbike was the attention paid specifically to women and women's gear. I've been wearing men's cycling shoes and men's jerseys since forever, and I can't tell you how fantastic it is to finally have cycling wear in a women's cut. And not just jerseys and shorts! Companies are coming out with shoes for women that cater to our narrower heel-cups, sunglasses that don't swallow our faces, and helmets that don't flop all over our heads.

One of my favorite items at Interbike was the Garneau Exo-Nerv Helmet. At 9.5 oz, this helmet is superlight -- it acts as a sort of exoskeleton without being heavy. It boasts handy, removable padding, so I can customize my fit as well as wash it out. Another great thing about this helmet is the Spiderlock Elite Retention mechanism that allows me to adjust the helmet fit and tilt with one hand for safety. Of course, my favorite thing about the Exo-Nerv is that it comes in both men's and women's sizes, so I won't be ordering the ambiguous S/M and hoping for the best. My only complaint was that it doesn't make me faster...I guess only more riding will do that. $99.99 MSRP.

Photos by Josh Tack

--


SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!)

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2011/11/garneau-exo-nerv-helmet-womens-specific.html

cycling training plans

No comments:

Post a Comment