Monday 18 July 2011

Friends from the Road

I've been thinking recently about all the friends I make on the road. Not friends I make while touring, although those are certainly special friends indeed, but the friends I make during my daily commute to and from work each day. The lady who somehow always ends up stopped at the same stoplight as me and says, "Do you really ride in ALL KINDS OF WEATHER?!" The little old man who gives me the thumbs up whenever I pass him walking on California Street. These people have become as important to my morning as my ritual cup of coffee, and I like to think that they look for me every morning, too.


I wanted to give a little shout out to Osprey Packs in this post because I have a bag (the Momentum 34) that I use for commuting all the time and it's totally awesome! I'm actually pretty sure that's how most of my road friends recognize me: the bright yellow bag cannot be missed. How do you carry your stuff to work? In a pannier? Backpack? Bucket?

--

SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!).

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2011/07/friends-from-road.html

oakley cycling cycling trips

No comments:

Post a Comment