Friday 8 July 2011

Subrosa Letum Fixed Review

The Subrosa Letum is a fixed wheel bike which takes inspiration from both a classic fixed whell commuter bike and also bmx style components, hoping to give an enjoyable riding experience for those who want to pound away around a city centre. I would have to start my review by saying I really could never really be happy riding a bike that has pictures of weird looking people on the saddle and downtube. Maybe this is the height of cool and good taste, but I’m a rapidly middle-aging man – more at home with nice clean colour combinations than Skateboard style designs. Unusual headset and bmx style handlebars. The bike will really appeal to those looking for a more practical bmx style riding experience with bigger frame and wheels. Firstly, riding around on a fixed wheel, with just a front wheel brake does take a greater degree of skill and awareness. Because I’m not so used to using fixed, I did find myself clutching at a rear brake that wasn’t there. The problem was that the front brake wasn’t overly responsive. I wasn’t overwhelmed with confidence at the bike’s braking capacity. On the plus side it is fun to ride, [...]

Source: http://cyclinginfo.co.uk/blog/products/subrosa-letum-fixed-review/

giordana cycling descente cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment