Friday 7 December 2012

Make Your Own Adventures

A slew of friends have been coming through town these days. Everyone wants to know what we're up to:

? How's work going?

? How's school going?

? Been on any adventures lately? Have any adventures planned?

The adventure questions have sent me into a flustered state lately. I am the type that has either just come off of some great trip, or definitely has one planned for the future. But these days, all my adventures are via text books and computer screens.

When fumbling through my answer one of these times, I said, "Well, yeah, I mean, I'm going on a bike tour next August with my mom and I want to get a climbing trip in for the spring, but nothing coming up ... and, well, skiing should be great this winter, but nothing right now..."

My friend interrupted me and said, "Why don't you make your own adventures? Right here in Missoula."

It was such a great wake-up call.

Just because we're not out there right now biking through the warmer states, or adventuring in another time zone, doesn't mean we can't adventure right here, today.

Evan Smith (my bearded manfriend) finishes his trail run up on Lolo Pass during our recent Missoula-based adventure. 

Photo and graphic by Rachel Stevens

--

ART. ADVENTURE. AWESOMENESS. wishes to bring enthusiasm to your second and fourth Monday of every month. This column is written by Rachel Stevens, a graphic designer at Adventure Cycling Association



Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2012/11/make-your-own-adventures.html

cycling plus magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment