Sunday 22 January 2012

2012 Respite Resolution


Sitting here at my desk, working with the rest of the Routes & Mapping staff to finish the first map update of the year, my mind begins to wander just a bit. It is the first month of the new year, after all. I am dreaming about the bicycling adventures I could put on my plate for 2012.
  • I could do a solo trip in Washington state, visiting friends like I did in 2006. (Or maybe I should enlist one of them to join me rather than simply host me...)
  • I could take one of our guided trips. (I've been hearing great buzz about the Wine and Harvest tour in Northern California. Again, what friend might I entice to join me?)
  • Or, my husband and I could finally do that Great Divide mountain-bike trip near Seeley Lake here in Montana that we talked about last year (we had to cancel at the last minute due to a family crisis).
So many options, and these are just the first three that come to mind. Which one will I choose? Stay tuned. I haven't taken advantage of my fabulous bike respite benefit in a few years; 2012 is going to be the year to really, truly get out there on my bike!

What's on your bicycle-travel plate for 2012? Add your plans to the comments below or at our Facebook page, and I'll compose a summary of some the most interesting ones in a future blog post.

Photo: by Jenn Milyko, self portrait on the Snoqualmie Valley Trail in Washington state, 2003 bike respite

--

GEOPOINTS BULLETIN is written by Jennifer 'Jenn' Milyko, an Adventure Cycling cartographer, and appears weekly, highlighting curious facts, figures, and persons from Adventure Cycling's Route Network with tips and hints for personal route creation thrown in for good measure. She also wants to remind you that map corrections and comments are always welcome via the online Map Correction Form.

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2012/01/2012-respite-resolution.html

cycling clubs

No comments:

Post a Comment