Sunday 22 January 2012

When is it time for a new bicycle? Not now for me

A tell-tale thumping sound from my bicycle's front wheel whenever I came to a stop this weekend was a clear warning that my front rim was about to come apart.

A similar thumping from my rear wheel last spring preceded the rim peeling apart. Years of road-grit grinding whenever I braked had taken its final toll.

As soon as that happened last year, visions of a new road bike danced in my head. I had the perfect justification -- my bicycle was falling apart.

After I calmed down and took stock, however, I soon realized that I didn't need a new bicycle; a new rear wheel at a fraction of the cost would be just fine. ...

Source: http://www.bikingbis.com/blog/_archives/2012/1/10/4975439.html

cycling magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment