Wednesday 21 March 2012

A Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day

Yesterday everything went wrong. You have those days, too. I know in the big scheme of things I'm lucky but yesterday felt just plain rotten. I burned my toast. I got a flat on the way to work and didn't have a spare tube and had to walk the remaining 2 miles. I met a friend for lunch and she said, "I think it's good that you're putting on weight!"


On days like that, my very favorite thing to do is go home and curl up and watch a cycling movie. For pure inspiration, I love to watch La Course en Tete: The Eddy Merckx Story. Would Merckx sniffle as he pushed his bike the last couple miles through a Montana winter? He would not. I can feel my heart lifting already. For beautiful scenery and touring motivation I love to watch Ride the Divide. Thinking about those wide open spaces and remote backroads makes me feel exhilarated. Tomorrow is a new day and summertime is just around the corner.


Photo 1 of Mr. Merckx, by http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com, photo number 2 by Adventure Cycling.

--
SHIPPING NEWS is brought to you by Sarah Raz, sales representative/outreach coordinator/lover of all things outdoors. She also wishes Eddy Merckx was her father (sorry Dad!)

Source: http://blog.adventurecycling.org/2012/03/terrible-horrible-very-bad-day.html

dhb cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment